Monday, October 20, 2008

Glimmer

Every day I pass by your street and look up to your tower to catch a glimpse of you - perhaps watching me pass by, with a smile on your face, and a thoughtfulness that gives you away.

It’s a glimmer I hold on to - but the window is empty.

My head hangs slightly as I continue my journey to work, which now seems more arduous than ever.

At night I can see your tower, alight like a beacon to those below who come to bask in your presence. Shadows play with the darker corners and the shape of a silhouette catches my eye, is it yours? No, the window is still empty - for now.

One day I’ll look up there to see you there, with someone else, with that familiar glimmer in your eye sparkling only for them.

My own glimmer will fade, and our paths drift further apart, though our footsteps continue to pass each other silently – nearby, but out of step.

No comments: