Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Proposal...

Far be it from me to say no to a suitor of suitable means... but that's just what I did the other day.

As the rain fell softly but widely on the shoulders of those walking around me, I stayed dry under the protection of my brolly. Earlier, I hadn't predicted that rain was coming because of a tingling in my left breast or anything like that, but I just had that feeling I might be needing it.

Anyway, a young man along with three well-breasted but quite drenched women were walking on the other side of the street. With the dripping harem in tow, he cheekily jumped at an opportunity for a show of bravado.

"How much for the brolly?" he asked. "I'm serious, how much?"
I laughed it off saying, "Come and see me tomorrow..."

Walking on, I thought a bit more about his proposal. He wasn't really asking to buy an umbrella... but rather, for me to trade places with him. He was cold, wet, but had money to burn. And if I had taken his offer, then that's what I would have been (sans harem of course...). Just another cold, wet guy with a few bucks in his pocket, and a desire to get warm and dry. 

The thought has played across my mind though, how much would he have paid... and how little would I have accepted... It's interesting what we will do for money.

 

No comments: