Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sibling rivalry...

Sapped of strength I turn to brace against the wind. With the warmth of my heart leaking from every pore open to the elements, I will not give in. Winter has his icy grip around my neck, and is gently squeezing... for now... Once his hand longed to caress me and coolly evoke my passion, but jealousy has now raised his hand against me - this I know with certainty.

A deep jealousy, stemming from the love that I share with his brother, and the way only his sibling can make me feel. Only his warm embrace is enough to melt away this repressive feeling that Winter has wrought.

And Winter hates him for it. 

Every time he sees the splash of joy across my face when his brother's warmth streaks across the land to wrap me in his arms, his rage goes deep to his cold heart. Every time he sees my elation, as I watch the very elements about me radiate with Summer's touch, it sickens him to the core.

It's a deep jealousy, a sibling rivalry, because he knows that only his brother's love can make me feel this way. He knows that I even prefer the presence of his two sisters to him. Year after year, they strive to keep their brothers apart, and this cuts him deep. This rivalry, in a family poles apart from each other, must tear apart their Mother. Silently she must wait and watch, hoping that experience will season them all with its hard lessons.

Winter's cold embrace tightens further, and I wrap my scarf closer to my neck, sealing in the warmth of my one true love. Even now, I smell him in the air. How I've missed him. He's coming back for me... soon... all I need do is wait - it's just a matter of time. 

No comments: